The IBCI is the specialist institute for professional practitioners in building control
in Ireland. It was founded to provide a national forum for those engaged in the
implementation and administration of the Building Control Act.
Our aims are:
- To promote a high standard in the practice of building control in Ireland,
- To coordinate professional opinion on building control in Ireland and to offer advice on issues affecting building control,
- To encourage and contribute to the development of education on building control with a special emphasis on the organisation of relevant discussions and lectures,
- To promote better communications between persons engaged in building control and between those persons and the public through publications, exhibitions and other means,
- To represent the interests of Irish building control in the European Union and to communicate with other bodies of common interest throughout the world.